Tonight the top 13 perform. How will they fare? Will the live show make a difference? Here are their TVocrats rankings from best to worst, based on everything they’ve done thus far:
1. Casey Abrams – Powerful, sweet and musically versatile. He’s got a real shot.
2. Lauren Alaina – J. Lo said it best when she described her as efforless.
3. Jacob Lusk – He’s got power but also a softness that isn’t matched.
4. James Durbin – He’s ambitious and makes risky choices that showcase his talent and give the audience a good time. Plus he’s a dad.
5. Pia Toscana – Excellent tone and control, but she needs something to set her apart from the rest if she’s gonna last.
6. Naima Adedapo – Not flawless but very fun, I really dug her Summertime.
7. Scotty McCreery – A one trick pony, although it is a very impressive trick.
8. Thia Megia – She really seems like the youngest of the bunch, but her power and dramatic staging make her a showy threat.
9. Paul McDonald – His longevity in this competition will be solely correlated to his song choices, but I think his novelty will wear off soon.
10. Hailee Reinhart – Fun voice, but I still can’t get over how much she looked like a prostitute last week, and she chose Idols must sung song. She needs to do better to be anything more than a stepping stone.
11. Karen Rodriguez – I though her rendition of Hero was pandering, especially when she sung it in Spanish. I just don’t think she has the chops – but I’ve been proven wrong before.
12. Stefano Lagone – I don’t like tone of his voice or the faces he makes when he sings. Totally lame all over.
13. Ashton Jones – There were literally 3 or 4 more worthy females then this Beyonce look alike.